Parent Registration Instructions
The Honeywel Alert System allows for immediate communication between the school and the parents. This system allows us to contact you in the event of an emergency, school closings, news alerts, weekly communications and reminders, and activity announcements. It is important that all families register and modify yuor accounts for contact methods for the various alert types. For instance, weekly news/reminders should be sent to an email account that you check regularly. Emergencies and school closings may be sent to email, cell phone texts, home/cell phone, Grandma or neighbor. Honeywell allows you to choose which alert goes to which contact. Please be sure to take a few minutes to completely register and modify you contact information.
Register and create your account
Go to the Honeywell Website.
View and Check details about yourself and your family members
- Click on "parent in the new user box.
- Find St. Thomas the Apostle in the district drop down menu
- Complete the student information and submit. (if you cannot be found, please contact Mrs. Houston via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember your login Name and Password so you can update your file at any time. Should you need to update during the course of the year, please be sure to also notify the school with new contact information.
Configure the alert settings
- Upon successful login, click on My Family
- Click on a parent to view and edit details
- Click on a student name to view details about your children enrolled in our school
View history of alerts
- Click on 'Alert Setup'
- Click on the check boxes to select which alert type you would like to have sent to which device. Click on ‘Save’ when complete.
- If you would like to add another contact device, select the device type and enter the device details. Select the person to whom the device belongs and click on ‘Add.’
- For e-mail, text messaging and pagers you may send yourself a test message. Click on ‘Send Test Message’ to send yourself a message.
Click on ‘Alert History’ to view Alerts that have been sent to you. Use the calendar icons and ‘Alert Type’ list to filter the Alerts.
Identify key contacts for your children
- Click on ‘Other Contacts.’
- Click on ‘Add New Contact’ and complete the form.
- Click on the ‘Pick Up Rights’ check box if you wish to allow this person the right to pick up your child from school. This person’s name will appear on a report for the school.
- Click on ‘Save’ when complete.
- If you would like this person to receive Alerts from the school, return to the ‘Alert Setup’ page to configure this person’s alert settings.